Wednesday, January 12, 2011

OLW #35 - Yellow

Most of Queensland is in the grip of the most awful flooding and we are looking at issues at our own back door - literally!  No work for most people and thankfully our daughter is safely at my parents place but we are flooded in.  Still there are many people far worse off than ourselves, most particularly the population of the Darling Downs going through the most horrific flash flooding on Monday night.

Anyway a cheerful card is in order - I am hoping that yellow-green counts as a shade of yellow for this challenge.  It would have looked abit dead with yellow leaves.

What you need

Cardstock - PTI white
Stamps - Flourishes Fushias
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card - and I think the verse is beautiful.

    Here in the UK we see and hear reports of the flooding in Queensland but I can't begin to imagine how awful it must be for you all. I hope the rain stops soon. So glad that your daughter is safe. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment...so true! The card is so pretty.

    SO sorry to hear about all the flooding in Queensland. We've seen video on television and it looks devastating! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cassandra and I love the sentiment. It must be dreadful for you right now. I feel so useless just watching the reportds on TV and wish there was something I could do. Keep safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO GLAD to read YOU are safe! I've been worried about you! So GLAD your daughter is at your parent's house. It's kind of like being here in the States when there is a hurricane because you are caught in the middle of it but people in other parts of the world only know what the news is reporting. Stay safe my blog friend! Pretty cheerful card by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it counts for the challenge (it's gorgeous!) and ohmygosh I'm glad you're safe. The news of the flooding has truly been overwhelming and I can only imagine what being there must be like. So glad you and your daughter are safe. Keep us posted as you are able. Prayers going out for you and everyone in Australia, those living in the flood zone as well as those helping people in harm's way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely, Cassie! Very pretty and lovely sentiment. I'm really pleased that you guys stayed dry, we were worried about you. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...