Sunday, January 9, 2011

CAS #122


My goodness, where did 2010 go!!  It has taken quite a while for me to get back into the swing of card making after our Christmas holiday in Hawaii (read impetus to do anything), except surf my favourite blogs and see how creative everyone else has been.  But Michelle inspired me last night as she made her first foray into Challenge-Land and today is a very good craft day - heavy rain (what's different from the past month) and windy.  So along with is card, I have made a couple of cards heavily inspired by Niki Estes, which use Cosmo Cricket papers (I am trying to make use of my large collection of patterned paper and not buy anymore - HA!).

One of the challenges Flourishes is running is "Recycling Christmas", so with that in mind and a stack of Christmas cards still hanging around, I thought I would use the idea for this challenge (not sure whether this will be the one for Flourishes as there isn't an ounce of stamping on it).  The snowflakes were punched and glittered though.

What you need (not alot!)

Cardstock - PTI white
Used Christmas cards
Crafty Sparkles - Cosmo Crystal

I don't plan to post anything else Christmas-y so I thought I would share with you the cards I made for my family, something homemade as we were so far from home (sniff...).  The first, fairly obviously was for my daughter ...
Love the Pure Innocence stamps from My Favourite Things, gives me a chance to exercise my Copic investment.  I put floc on her hat, muff and boots and am so glad it didn't rub off in transit.

I couldn't believe my luck when I found this stamp at Darkroom Door - most particularly it is a Triumph (my husband's favourite brand).  I also picked up a couple of distress inks in the hope of getting to know this technique a little better.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards ... but I especially like the idea of recycling Christmas cards for your sketch card. TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking,dot,com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I love the idea of recycling Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! Yay! I like the idea of recycling Christmas cards, and your version turned out beautifully. I absolutely love your Christmas card to your gorgeous girl, I bet she loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are stunning and I especially like the recycled one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...