Monday, January 31, 2011

The challenges just keep coming .....


Well that's how it feels anyway.  This morning I got a lovely email from Claire Brennan (Waltzingmouse stamps) to say that I had won a refund on the order I put in last week.  Absolutely speechless was I (though in a typing sort of way).  So it is appropriate that the first challenge was CASEing one of the design teams cards from the Grand Calibur party.  The card I chose, an absolute hands down favourite for me, is from Belinda Chang Langner
Just love the subtlety and peacefulness of this card.  Mine however, is not, and lost abit I think,with using too strong a colour in cardstock.  I only have nestie-friendly WM stamps (this is being fixed) so unable to use any of Claire's stamps.
I was aiming for roses on the trellis but it looked 'symmetrical' and dull so opted for a PTI rosebud.

What you need

Cardstock - PTI New Leaf, white, Sweet Blush
Stamps - PTI YOF:  Rose;  Flourishes Tea Rose
Ink - PTI Ripe Avocado;  Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics - YG 11, 13, 15;  R20, 22, 24
Dies - Spellbinders Labels 16;  PTI Double Ended Banners
Gemstones - Kaisercraft


My second card is for Pals Paper Arts #78 featuring bows (love the graphic they have chosen)
Bows
Still on the Valentine theme....
Love all those gorgeous heart patterns, couldn't choose between them, so used them all. This bow is one of my favourites as it can be used on masculine cards.

What you need

Cardstock - PTI white
Stamps - PTI Heart Prints
Ink - SU Real Red;  Memento Tuxedo Black
Ribbon - SU Melon Mambo dotted grosgrain

9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, love the PTI rosebue and the lovely colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me. You keep on rolling out even more beautiful cards every time. Very inspirational. I love the roses. I also love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your CASE card is fabulous. And for me the bright colours work just as well as Belinda's! I think the rosebuds are gorgeous.

    And the Valentine hearts card is ace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Love the colors you chose - just fabulous and the use of the rose bud!! Your second card is just lovely as well -- the stamped hearts are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Charming bow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards. I particularly love the fun heart card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beaut cards. I have to disagree with you on the lack of peacefulness on your WMS CASE. I am totally transported to a peaceful and totally shabby-licious place on viewing this lovely card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards! The WMS CASE card is lovely with the roses and the pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both of them - and your trellis idea is not lost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...