Wednesday, January 26, 2011

JAI #52

This is my second post for today, scroll down for the January PTI Blog Hop


When I saw this sketch I knew exactly what I would use.  I have had this piece of patterned paper (well actually, it has a sibling in another colour) kicking around for quite some time, a very elegant design that I was sure I would have no trouble using -  why didn't I get more?? Thank goodness I didn't, it just hasn't seemed right for what I want to do .... till now.  As soon as I saw that "bracket" at the bottom I knew its time had come. 
Ta, da!!!!  I had to chop up an entire 12 x 12 sheet to achieve it, what a waste!!  But what was worth it was my husband saying how much he liked it.  Maybe I could use its twin to make him a Valentines card, except it's blue.

And also  Happy Australia Day!!! (back to school tomorrow)

What you need

Cardstock - SU Very Vanilla
Patterned paper - Grant Archival (not sure if that actually means anything or its the company)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamps - SU Curly Cute
Pearl Brad Kaisercraft
Dies - PTI Beautiful Blooms 1

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, clean, card Cassandra - really elegant. It was worth it, cutting into that 12"x12" sheet; this is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh very elegant Cassandra, love that big pearl on your flower!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! That is so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so elegant! Love it. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, so very elegant. I think it was definately worth cutting up the sheet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...