Sunday, March 18, 2012

Brown and Purple - who knew!


Ooh these colours were a great challenge, still don't have any Marina Mist cardstock so had to go with DSP but like the effect.  Hadn't quite got myself organised to do the first 2 retro sketches (unlike Arielle who seems to be everywhere I look - what's the secret), so very glad to participate in the third.  


So, in the absence of a couple of colours, including Perfect Plum in any form other than cardstock, this is my entry.  I have used Rich Razzleberry ribbon and Sweet Plum ink.  



What you need
Cardstock - SU Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Patterned Paper - SU Beau Chateau
Stamps -  SU Always Elegant;  WMS Compact Sentiments
Ink - Memento Sweet Plum
Dies - SB classic rectangle, deckled rectangle
Embossing Folder - SU Lattice
Ribbon - SU Rich Razzleberry Taffeta
Gems - Kaisercraft

So, I promise this is the last in a marathon of cards, tomorrow I am participating in the Tim Holz online class, so I will learn a great deal, I am sure.  Have a great week

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra- such a pretty version- LOVE these colours and also love the sketch! TFS I might have a go myself this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a pretty card, your rocked these colours! Love the texture with the embossed backgrounds, and the silky ribbon is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Always Elegant stamped behind the sentiment! Very lovey card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really rocking these challenges! How did I get so far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combination! The purple bow is lovely! Thanks for playing this week's Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cassandra, those colors are gorgeous together! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done so beautifully with what I would consider a daunting color scheme. Love the placement of the sentiment over that ornate background stamp, and the coordinating ribbon. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...