Sunday, August 22, 2010

OLW #16

This past week, I have enjoyed being 'inspired' by cards in magazines particularly Papercrafts magazine.  Two of them have been far more embellished than is really my style but have had fun doing them and quite pleased with the results.  This has been to the detriment of the challenges I like to follow, so I finally settle down to doing them late Sunday afternoon (fading light and all). 

Telling a story - hmmm.  Most of the stamps I have in that catogory are trees, no surprise there (flourishes don't tell stories sadly).  This is a lovely PTI set not used nearly enough by me, but now the trees have been 'christened', will hopefully see the ink pad more often.  The birds are gold embossed but it was very hard to get them to twinkle in the afternoon light.

What you need

Cardstock - SU Basic Black
Stamps - PTI Through the Trees
Ink - Versamark;  PTI Fresh Show
Embossing powder - Celebrations of Australia (fantasy gold)

6 comments:

  1. Such a strikingly beautiful card! Love the white on black with the hint of gold. Most black/white cards are the opposite...mostly white with a little black. But, I really like your combination best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Cassandra - I love your style x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great image for the challenge, why didn't I think of using it??!! I love it on the black and the twinkling birds are a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I stamp in white it's never that bold on the black. Wonder what I'm doing wrong? This is simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the trees stamped in white so they really look like paper birch trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those birds are sheer perfection! What a lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...