Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spring Colours

I'll just say - we are hoping for an Autumn.  When summer goes from September to April, we are a bit over sunshine and hot days.  Last year we had no Spring and it will be interesting to see whether we get a proper run into winter.  Even then, it won't be cold by northern hemisphere standards.  

Enough moaning, whatever the season, these remain my favourite colours, so fresh and lovely.  In thinking how I would attack this,  Virginia's layers challenge was a great starting point.  







Initially the plan was to use Copics for the background colour, but I don't get my Distress inks out enough, and I think, they gave a better gradient of colour.  The cover plate I have had for ages and really pleased I thought to use it.  

 What you need
Cardstock - PTI white; SU Cool Caribbean, black
Distress inks - Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry
Die - Clearly Besotted (sentiment);  MFT Cover up
Glossy Accents

On Tuesday, we are off to Ballarat, an hour north west of Melbourne for my cousin's wedding.  If that isn't special enough, my daughter is her one and only bridesmaid. To say she is excited is an understatement, as Catherine is also her Godmother.  Tuesday will be the first time we see her dress.  We know the basic design but it will have to be hemmed and a few final adjustments.

It will be a wonderful opportunity to catch up with our extended family who we haven't seen for some time.  This card is the card we are giving the happy couple, a complete CASE of one of my favourites from Marika Rahtu.  Unfortunately my water colouring was nowhere near her standard so I have resorted to Copics and die cuts.  It is really nice to make a card larger than normal so you can add more layers and detail.


Hope everyone has had a lovely Easter break, and look forward to the Autumn school term!

7 comments:

  1. WOW I love that wedding card!!!!! The flowers are so stunning and I really like all the leaves (adds some lovely texture).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding card is STUNNING! Your coloring is fabulous. And, of course, I just love the gradient colors in the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the gradient colors on the first and your wedding card is just STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes, bold colors and all the layers! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and a nice way to use the colors, Cassandra! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://ayamsatebv.blogspot.com/2018/11/9-kekhasan-ayam-aduan-kala-tonton.html/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...