Friday, August 9, 2013

Case This Sketch #40



Just dropping in with a quick card tonight - when I say quick it really means unexpected but the diecut took forever to get right.  At the risk of boring people with our ongoing orthodontic saga, my daughter had her braces tightened yesterday and all teeth now connected.  It caused her alot of grief overnight and as we can't allow school to give the pain relief that would work, she had to come home at lunchtime.  So that gave me a bit of crafting (and Pinterest) time.




Always one of my favourite sketch challenges and inspired by a card from Maureen Merritt, colour-wise, this is my entry.  It reminds me of SU Urban Garden DSP, one of my all time favourites.  

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  SU Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Night of Navy
Stamps - Cas-ual Fridays Woot Woot
Ink - SU Old Olive
Die - Memory Box Dancing Tulips

11 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I got up with an idea for this challenge; hoping I have time to execute it before the day slips away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-232.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I remember the pain of tightened braces, it was awful! I hope she feels better soon. Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the color blocking and the flower. I remember braces being tightened, too! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your card on the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge, so just popping over to say what a fab card! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - very CAS. Love the elegance of it. That Dancing tulips die is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of that die on three colored strips! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card - the negative of the die looks wonderful against the stripes of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning & such a lovely colour combination. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a super awesome take on the sketch! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...