Sunday, February 13, 2011

PTI's Make it BIG and Make it Mondays #1 Challenges

As I was trying (unsuccessfully) to clean up my desk, I found this rather large snowflake and although Christmas is alittle way away, you can never start too early, and perfect for the make it big challenge
 I tried Melissa Phillips technique of chunky glitter adhered with spray adhesive but it still didn't work too well.  May have to make it abit wettter and press on the glitter.

What you need

Cardstock - PTI Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, white
Patterned Paper - PTI Men of Life
Stamps - PTI Mat Stack 2 Collection, Tree Trimming Trio (Noel)
Ink - SU Real Red; Memento Rich Cocoa;  PTI Fresh Snow
Snowflake - Melissa Frances
Chunky Glitter - Doodlebug
Ribbon - SU
Pearls - Kaisercraft

Second challenge
Make It Monday logo
I hope to participate in this one regularly so that my reasonably extensive (don't laugh Amanda) PTI stamp collection will get a workout.  This challenge was to use several of the same sentiments or on the same theme to embellish the card.

I wanted to do something other than birthdays etc so hit upon the baby theme.  I did it in the colours which were on my daughter's cot blanket (sigh!). It was deliberately non - gender but by far the colours we both loved.

What you need

Cardstock - PTI white
Stamps - PTI All About You, Mega Mixed Messages, Baby Button Bits, Inside and Out:  Baby
Ink - PTI Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores;  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Cantaloupe
Prisma glitter
Copic multi-liner
Ribbon - SU Pumpkin Pie taffeta

4 comments:

  1. Sorry.....couldn't help it....had to laugh. DD2 is even here saying don't laugh, Cassie told you not too. LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous, Cassandra! I've never had luck getting any glitter to adhere without a fairly thick coat of liquid glue. What a messy process that is! Your baby card is simply adorable...love the colors.

    Your blog is always a wonderful source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassandra, Glitter is NOT MY friend so no help for you on this end! LOVE how your card looks in the pic, though! Also LOVE LOVE LOVE your PTI card. so many people played I was overwhelmed in commenting! Glad I got to see yours! I just LOVE that flower and that bright bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards as always Cassandra but ht efirst one definitely has the WOW factor for me! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...