Monday, October 6, 2014

Copic for Cardmakers Days 7 and 9


This card was inspired by Jennifer's  gorgeous cut out card, which she has done before, but I haven't got around to.  I am still fascinated by shadowing to white and I am sure practice will make a bit more perfect.  


The background is translucent embossing paste which I had a bit of trouble getting smooth.  Very understated effect which is all the card needs.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, red;  X-press It blending card
Stamp - Clearly Besotted (printed worksheet)
Various Copic markers



This card was practice in creating backgrounds.  This is harder for me as it requires some freehand creativity on my part.  There is a reason I love stamping - I can't draw!  Though I am pleased with the effect the warm greys produce.

Her hair probably took the longest to get right.  Kathy Racoosin did a beautiful job with blonde hair but when I tried it on this image it just went orange yellow.  I need a lighter hand.  


Still in love with this perfect blend of red - it works so well. For the border I tried another of Jennifer's tricks, edging with Versamark then dipping in embossing powder.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  X-press it blending card
Stamps - Wiff of Joy Hot Chocolate;  Wplus9 Hand Lettered Hello
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black;  Versamark
Embossing Powder - Ranger Liquid Platinum



3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards. I love the edges of the second one, a gorgeous effect! Your colouring is fabulous, as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is gorgeous, and so are the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...