Monday, July 29, 2013

Inaugural Waltzingmouse Pyjama Party

It's been a while ...... not  idle but nothing blog post worthy.  Thought I would get one post in for July and Claire's Pyjama  Party was ideal, particularly as my shiny new stamps arrived last week.


One challenge is to use feathers.  I knew I would be up against some very clever card makers, so tried for the clever my self.  I am particularly slow at taking on new trends, witness the chevron thing.  Not something I have embraced but the lovely Bev at Uniko studios has come up with a stunning stamp set which I shall save for a future post.  In this case - feathers - could take it or leave it TILL I saw Funky Feathers - love at first sight.  I can see so many opportunities for this set to see ink.


What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  BB grey
Stamps - WMS Funky Feathers, Asian Gardens
Ink - Memento London Fog,  Grey Flannel;  SU Real Red;  Versafine Onyx Black
Gem - Kaisercraft

The other challenge was the Russian dolls (I am not trying to spell the proper name at dinner time).  I couldn't get the idea out of my head to use them in a slightly Scandinavian style.  Always been a big fan of the red and white pattern, so here is my version of the classic Danish pattern.


What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, red
Stamps - WMS Say it Loud, Nordic Winter, You're a Doll
Ink - SU Real Red
Gem - Kaisercraft

So, just an peek at what I have been up to, apart from cards.  last week at my daughter's ballet school was a fund raising day for the Baden Clay children.  This post last year can't really convey the community disbelief or the coming together that has happened in the year since.  Alison's parents have custody of the girls and we regularly see them around the ballet school.  The eldest daughter has real ballet potential, and I hope this helps her through the next few difficult years.  


So back to the fund raising bit.  The girls could wear yellow and donate a gold coin for the opportunity.  We have nothing yellow, but there is a Pinterest world out there with any number of tutorials.  So my daughter chose the top hair piece, but the other is there for future reference.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely cards---both. The red and white is definitely a classic, and I love the feathers. That's a trend I haven't embraced yet---don't think there's one feather in my collection! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS cards Cassandra - looks like you needed a steady hand for the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty stamped in the different tones of grey and the pop of red!


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful clean and crisp designs! love the red feather against the grey line and your row of dolls look so sweet - great in red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what wonderful projects!
    I think I need Funky Feathers.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean and simple but how AMAZING your cards are :) Very beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the CAS design of your feathers card - just stunning. As for the red and white with the Russian Dolls - I think it's a winner! Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your feather card with the great background stamping, and your red and white russian doll card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are gorgeous Cassandra. The feather card is super smart, very on trend! I also love the dolls!! What a genius idea to pair them with the Nordic patterns!! thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm with you. Love the Fine Feathers set! And love your red and grey card. Simply stunning! And all things dolls I adore! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant way to make that red feather just pop off the page - and that gem is just a perfect bit of shine! Your dolls are amazing too! You have a great CAS Style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! You've been on my mind, glad to see you here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant and beautiful as always!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...