Sunday, November 25, 2012

WMSCC - August

THEME - SONG TITLE


I happened to find the title, just when I was getting completely desperate and thinking I would have to resort to a computer generated sentiment.  I was trying to use a technique done in the Online Card Class just completed of embossing in 2 different colours on the same piece of card. For me, it didn't work, more practice required, so went with layering.  I was going to put the title on white cardstock but it was too stark, so embossed in white.  Really like the gold embossing on black.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI black
Stamps - WMS - Dainty Doillies, Vintage Labels 18,  Say it Loud Winter Holiday
Ink - Versamark
Embossing Powder - Celebrations of Australia - Glitter Gold;  Zing! Opaque Black;  Superior White


So we go back to a few more teacher's presents.  This gift was for my daughter's other class teacher.  I completely copied this wonderful card from Stamplicious - Narelle Farrugia.  I really like the way she layers up her papers, not my usual style, but I have several of her cards in my inspiration folder and will probably try and simplify them whilst keeping the rich effect.  


This teacher is leaving to have her second child in the new year, so thought a few thank you cards may come in handy.  This idea is taken from Jennifer's Baby Cards, a concept was so appealing, there was no point in going any further for ideas.


I don't think I have coloured in so many of the same image and by No. 20 I think I had perfected this bear.  


She may not have much use for this next year, but maybe she can hold it over till she is back teaching.  Also included was a chocolate box, a photo of which is in the previous post.  

2 comments:

  1. I think your card for the song theme is stunning! I love the tone-on-tone embossing for the background and the gold label is just fab! I think the sweet teddy thanks card is so cute.

    So glad that I'm not the only one catching up on the Waltzingmouse Christmas card challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the darling baby cards, and the reindeer card is just delightful; I love the mix of patterned papers. And, of course, the gold embossing on black is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...