Monday, June 24, 2013

A few more weekend challenges


It is a happy coincidence that this weeks sponsor of The Play Date Cafe is Avery Elle.  So whilst these stamps are still languishing on my desk, they have been utilised.  


Of the sets I have, nothing really lent itself to the dotty background, so I have coloured vellum with various shades of Copics.  Adhering them was an achievement in itself, so that nothing showed

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, Orange Zest, Vellum
Stamps - Avery Elle Framed Fonts, To the Point
Ink - Memento Pear Tart, Morocco;  Versafine
Die - PTI Tag Sale
Various Copics and circle punches
Gems - Kaisercraft

******
Now, this one makes me happy!



I love the colours and the design in equal measure.  Initially I thought of patterned paper for the RHS panel but really wanted to stamp it.  So with stamped stems the punched flowers look right.  I don't have Cajun Craze but Brilliance Rust is a good substitute.


What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  SU Primrose Petals
Stamps - PTI Turning a New Leaf, Inside and Out: Thank you
Ink - SU Gumball Green;  Brilliance Ruse
Punch - EK Success

******


Looking forward to the latest instalment in Online Card Classes.  Whilst my daughter has completely hijacked the Tim Holtz series (that class owes me nothing!), the rest are completely my own.  This time, they have introduced a few pre-class challenges, which is great for me as class starts when we are back at school, but I am able to have a go at these at my leisure.  
This is challenge number 2.  I am still getting my head around the colours in challenge 1.





Given the simplicity of the sketch I felt it really lent itself to the simplicity of the Runway colours.


And love how it turned out.  i love the look of glitter but it is messy.  However this glitter is amazing.  After sprinkling it on the adhesive, a vigorous rub over with a bone folder and IT DOES NOT MOVE.  Heaven

What you need
Cardstock - PTI shimmer pink, white:  SU Adhesive sheets
Stamps - Avery Elle To the Point, Bonjour (sentiment)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black;  SU Regal Rose
Various SU punches
Glitter - Glitter Ritz Ocean Spray




11 comments:

  1. All great cards! Thank you for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous cards! I love them all! The first spotty one just edges out the other two as my favourite, but it is a close call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely cards! Card-making is on the agenda for later today. I hope I'm half as productive as you've been lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great cards, Cassandra! I might be biased, but I favorite is the birthday card with vellum circles! Now I can't wait to try coloring some vellum circles with my copics! The result is soooo soft and pretty! Love that you created your own pattern on the tag too! So glad that you joined us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sketch that you combined with our colours. Perfectly CAS! Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three cards are great, but I have to admit I'm partial to the second one. You did an excellent job combining our colors with that sketch to create a wonderful CAS card. Thanks for joining in this week's CAS - Colours and Sketches challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, really likje them all, but I especially like the one for our colour challenge. Spot on with your CAS design - love that the panel is on the side. thank you so much for playing along with us at CC&S

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at CC&S - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are beautiful! i really love the effect you creative with the colored vellum. it looks great overlapped on your card! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love the vellum circles in your first card, and the glitter circles in your second! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...